Welcome to Chinthurst Nursery 2yrs - 4yrs
The Nursery is an integral part of the Chinthurst's 'family' ethos. This is where the youngest of our children play and learn in a happy and stimulating environment. Children join us as a rising three year old and stay with us until the September following their fourth birthday, when they move into the Pre-Prep. We run a flexible day, with morning, afternoon and whole day sessions and maintain a ratio of one adult to every eight children. We follow the aims and goals of the Early Years Foundation Stage and provide a relevant, effective and purposeful curriculum for all the children within a safe and secure environment.
Our main aims are:-
To help each child develop to his/her full potential - physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually
- To lay firm foundations in basic skills and understanding for future learning
- To provide care and attention for each child to progress at his/her own pace
- To support and help each child to grow to independence and to develop self-esteem and confidence
- To provide opportunities for creativity, discovery, imagination and enjoyment
- To enable an easy and smooth transition through to the next stage of their school life
Whatever the weather, we go out every day into our wonderful grounds and we can use all the facilities of the school for our swimming lessons, tennis, and gymnastics. We have lots of cuddles and play as well as working at the building blocks of learning. We want all our children first and foremost to be happy and settled in the Nursery and to enjoy being with us: so that they are ready to move on to the next stage of their school lives.
The best way to understand us, however, is to visit and find out for yourself! We look forward to welcoming you to our School.
Miss Maria Panayi B.A Hons Early Years Education
Head of Nursery